Welp, it’s me again.
It is still hard to come to terms with the fact that yes, I like to blog and write but at the same time I almost don’t miss it. Don’t get me wrong, the space this little blog provided, that outlet, that connection was all amazing. But the spending nights and free time feeling like I had to blog was not the greatest. It is funny because I have a handful of people saying WHAT you stopped blogging, but why. You need to go back. Then I have people that say – I mean now you are living life and not just writing about it. Truth.
This isn’t a comeback but today I wanted to to write. So why not write? Plus a lot of ‘new’ has taken place. Where to begin…
- I got a huge promotion. Yes I will be thrown into totally new waters for me but this is what I have been working my tail off of for the past 11 months. Technically it is confidential but I know you all won’t tell. This new job is a leap but a crazy, amazing, can’t freaking wait leap. I begin transitioning in June. I just found this news out yesterday so the shell shocked feeling is still there. Pinch me.
- Body pump certification is kicking my butt in all the right ways. Today I interview with the gym manager to be hired there. Sunday I am taping and can’t believe the amazing support I have of friends who are willing to take the hour long class I will be teaching. I get such an energy from teaching, this high I can’t even describe.
- Early mornings are still my jam. Even better, they are lighter now so I dig hitting the pavement at what some would call an ungodly hour. Good news? Now that I don’t work weekends I get to have more buddy run times making the weekday solo miles not that bad. Oh and that marathon in October… haven’t even thought about a training plan… whoops.
- I realize it is nice to be recognized. I have never been one who likes attention. I am that silent hard worker that steps up when the time is right but doesn’t need that recognition to do well. Lately in my job I have been getting a lot of pats on the back – from many unexpected high figures in the firm. Nothing feels better.
- My running store friends always have my back. I think a part of me was still worried as I left the store our friendship would fizzle. Anything from that. We are constantly in contact and I can’t thank them enough for getting me through some nasty boy problems.
- I quit birth control. Sorry probably should have prefaced that as TMI. I had only been on it for five months because I was having very painful periods. Not fun. However, I was getting pretty nasty side effects – the whole puffy face, swelling in hands (couldn’t even bend them) and water retention. I decided to quite cold turkey this week and already notice such a difference. My body was just not jiving with it. At all.
- I am going home for the fourth. My firm actually gets most of that week off as a gift to the company (along with half days on Fridays in July!). I haven’t been home since Christmas. HELLO. Far too long.
- Getting to hang out with my mom this past weekend in Charleston was soul soothing. We walked almost every morning chatting about life and everything in between. I miss mom time far too much.
- I am on book 55 since January 1st. You could say I am still reading up a storm.
So ya. Life is changing but again a change I am starting to welcome. Don’t know when I will be back but maybe the urge to write will hit again soon. I do miss you all. I still read. Every day. You all know where to find me.
Question: what is one update on your life?