I bet you can guess, I have been doing a lot of that working thing lately. That being said, life has consisted of sleep, run, work, eat repeat. Pretty lame.
The biggest difference in the past month has been the addition of news in my life. I am terrible when it comes to staying up with current events, I won’t lie to you, I could tell you nada about politics if you asked me. I rarely if ever watch the news and don’t truly stay up to date with any sort of magazine or publication. I swore when I moved to DC that would change, if anything it has been worse. Whoops.
This all leaves me with relying on kind of crazy means of news – Kiss 108, Best Week Ever and the occasional Today Show. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes there are so quality stories. But with those legit stories come some pretty insane information. Since my life is anything but news worthy, let me share with you some week highlights. (I would like to dedicate the majority of this post to the treadmill, forcing me to watch the news each morning as I run to keep sane.)
Be prepared for some brain rotting. Best Week Ever Alex edition.
- Oh poor Sasha, were you bored? That giant yawn during your father’s inauguration speech speaks wonders.
- This post made me super happy. Something I could speak on for days and days. Brittany, you nailed it.
- My new project is to go on a hug-icital rampage. (did you see the new Modern Family episode? you need to) http://www.hulu.com/watch/448556
- Subway watch out, we are armed with rulers. A man found his Subway 12 inch to be *gasp* an inch shorter than it should have been. Alert the authorities, we have a sub problem.
- Guess who has been killing it lately, Legos. Why? Because they say ‘no girls allowed’. For real, revenues have increased since their target at boys. Great article.
- Anyone watch this week’s Jenna Marbles? Which one are you? Laughed my pants off watching this. (You should probably all subscribe to her channel, a new video every week!)
- We are all sparred. Lindsay Lohan turned down Dancing with the Stars. I don’t think she needs more attention…
- Please kids, be careful of your selfies. This is unnecessary. Even Jessica Simpson can’t win on this one.
- New for my father (shout out to dad) McDonald’s will soon be releasing fish bites. It takes the fish fillet and now makes them into bite size chunks. I just gagged a bit. However, my father will be in love.
- It is Superbowl commercial time. This one was released and people are already in arms about its over sexualization. Your take? I mean come on, what are you doing Mercedes. What gets me the most is I can’t imagine shooting a video like that, I woudl look ridiculous trying to play with my hair and walk. Epic multitasking fail.
- Welcome the new term ‘swatting’. Apparently celebrities have been falling victim to this ‘swatting’ which is when there is a fake emergency call making police and swat teams rush to a celebrities house. Victims include Kim Kardashian, Chris Brown and Tom Cruise. Stay safe, don’t swat.
- Beyonce did you lip sync? Can I just know? I keep hearing fight after fight, story after story but I still have yet to hear from her. If you didn’t lip sync wouldn’t you want to defend yourself? I’m baffled.
Don’t you feel smarter? Heck its Friday, brain cells are dying anyways. TGIF friends!
Questions: Any crazy news stories you have heard lately? What is the most surprising to you?