What starts a Tuesday better than some wishful thinking. Am I right? Nothing like wishing a Tuesday was a Friday, that your coffee had jet pack power and work would be called off due to metro breakdown. Hey, a girl can dream.
Whether you have been following me for a while or not, you may remember my trade-em posts. I was feeling quite a few trades today so I rolled with it.
I would trade...the new gym saga stories for hidden camera entertainment. Let me introduce you to the characters of my apartment gym. (Thanks to Best Body Bootcamp) I am now in there three to four times a week after my runs) While describing them can only do so much I will try my hardest.
- Sing out loud elliptical man. Besides this man looking like a buff old Arnold Schwarzenegger, I only ever see him on the elliptical. Kind of hilarious. To make matters worse he sings along to his ipod which plays opera. No joke opera. A hilarious site. Tight black tank top, tiny shorts and opera all leisurely cranking along on the elliptical.
- Sweat fest man. I mean all gyms have these but this guy makes it KNOWN he is sweaty by proceeding to grunt, huff and puff as he does ab exercises right next to me. Yes, you are hairy and sweaty. You win.
- Creeper. Now I don’t really get this guy. Kind of lanky, always carries Mercedes keys yet dresses like a homeless man. He does all these odd upper body lifting exercises in a tiny tank top. He also looks like he spends way too much time in a tanning salon. But he is the first and only person to ever speak directly to me, I am not saying that is a good thing. How you doin?
I would trade…the weather dip for my sun back. DC is now experiencing weather in the 40s after a solid weekend of weather in the 50s/60s. Depressing to say the least. Doesn’t help this week’s weather forecast will be cloudy and rainy all week long. Lame DC, lame. Makes my morning runs that much darker.
I would trade...my stupid mistake for keeping my mouth shut. EEk, I know I am going to get so much YOU ARE CRAZY for this but at my running store job I wasn’t getting as many hours as I used to get. With hiring one other person, I wasn’t being put on both days on the weekends – instead just one day. Well people I need and want that money. So I emailed my boss asking to see if a location about six stops away from me needed people on the other days. He was kind enough to say he will ask but also asked if I could work in Arlington – about an hour metro ride for me on the weekends. Of course, I lost all backbone and said yes. There goes my time.
I would trade...wind flashes for a way to permanently hold down my dress. Dilemma, its windy, I wear a dress, I have my coffee cup in one hand and my metro card in the other. Every single freaking time a gust of wind will come and I struggle to catch my dress while still maintaining balance. Flash for all to see. This happens all too much, I am a mess.
I would trade…stairmaster hell for easy commutes. Something about the darn escalators and the metro just get me furious everyday. Between going to work, going to all three schools, going to mentor session – I use the metro a whole stinking lot. Yet every time there will be an issue with the escalators. One problem I call the stairmaster hell- aka you have to walk up the whole thing because it isn’t running. Now if you have been to DC you know how freaking high and long they are. Legs a burning by the end. Second problem I call sardine packing – one will be blocked off so everyone needs to cram into one tiny escalator during rush hour when their train is pulling up. I have been hit, bumped, slapped – you name it. Metro you win, you really win.
I would trade...metro costs for teleportation. For real people, seeing how much money I spend on the metro each week just kills me. Absolutely kills me. Sadly, I have no way around it.
I would trade… a gliche in recruiting for some new networks. At my job, I am in another phase of recruiting for judges for our first showcase and I am struggling to get judges. I have been reaching out to our networks, personal networks, etc. yet still I only have three out of eight needed. Its crunch time people.
I would trade… my extreme frugal mindset for a better relationship with money. Who would of guessed I need to work on my relationship with money? I guess it has been creating a lot more anxiety problems than I could have imagined. Even worse, it takes a lot for me to spend money. I can’t think of the last time I spent money on something other than things absolutely necessary like travel, food or bills. I never splurge, I always stay under budget in all areas and I kind of freak out if I have to spend more than I wanted. Frugal Alex is scary, I need to let loose yet I know that is like asking me to fly.
But because I am feeling pretty grateful… I would NOT trade…
- Amazing, supportive readers
- A bomb care package from this girl, man I love my blends
- A mom who lets me rant
- Hilarious gifs – I can’t get enough
- A Monday that flew by due to lots on my to do list
Remember the giveaway closes at 8pm tonight for the Sunglasses Shop Dirty Dog Sports Ecco sunglasses! Now go tackle your Tuesdays. (My cousin introduced me to these videos, crazy stuff- let’s just say bacon is in every single one)
Questions: What would you trade on this Tuesday? What wouldn’t you trade up?