I swear, I am still in awe that after reading my rambles daily that you are all not sick of the Alex mind. I do like though the ‘getting to know you more’ surveys that float around every once in a while, you can’t have too many random facts in your life. Fact.
This one will be even more scatter brained than ever. Work has gotten into the rhythm again and I am back to recruiting, this time for judges at our three showcase events at the end of each month. Professional networking skills at its best to pull together 12 judges per month. I should also mention my awkward sitting ways I have been rocking in order to stretch and sit at the same time during work. Legs were demolished today after a hilly run and focus on the lower body. Stretching at work in a dress, priceless.
But it is Thursday which is that much closer to Friday so let’s get this show on the road. And thank you lovely Irina for the nomination – 11 facts, answer 11 questions, and nominate.
- I am terrible with names. I really am. I refused to even say one of my coworkers name for over two months because I couldn’t quite remember the pronunciation of it. I tend to remember people by the most obscure things – like maybe a phrase they said a lot, what they talked about, facial characteristics. Names just go in one ear and out the other.
- I have some phrases I overuse, I bet you could all name those. But I get a kick out of keeping track (yes, nerd in me) of phrases other people use. I have this little book that I like to write down phrases that people in my life use all the time. It helps me make personalized gifts and cards. My dad’s two phrases that I actually say to spite him is “life’s a struggle” and “close but no cigar”.
- I really hate the taste of olive oil. I would so much rather cook with butter or spray. I can taste when something is cooked in olive oil and it just totally leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I don’t even own any kind of oil to cook with because I just haven’t found one that I like.
- I have to wash, dry and put away my dishes right after I use them. You will never see a dish in the sink or next to the sink of a drying rack. Never.
- I wore the same light blue swishy zip off at the knee pants in sixth grade nearly every day. Looking back, I always had a problem with clothes. I didn’t wear jeans until eighth grade, I didn’t actually wear real clothes until high school. I couldn’t stand clothes touching my body resulting in lots of photos of me in the exact same shirt, pants and hairdo. eek.
- People named my handwriting the “Shabo font” in high school and college. I do have very neat, unique handwriting. Let’s just say I am always the scribe of the group…
- I don’t sleep with a pillow under my head. I prefer just lying straight on the bed and either putting the pillow to the side or over my head. Yes over.
- Baked goods… eh I could live without. I am much more of a candy person if I want my sweets. Baked goods just do nothing for me.
- I can’t pronounce ambulance. I just can’t. Even if I say it slow, I can’t. Don’t ask me to say it in person because I won’t. I sound like a babbling two year old.
- Of my 23 years of living, I have only had one boyfriend. A few months my sophomore year in college. I swear this is a reason I feel so immature.
- The first pair of shoes I bought for myself were a pair of red converse in eighth grade. I was so proud of those puppies because everyone thought converse were weird. I liked to stand out a whole lot at that point in my life. I paired it with my cookie monster shirt, or my spelling bee shirt, or my band shirt and I felt like the shit. Oh embarrassing time Alex.
Now her questions…
- What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had? I don’t experiment in the kitchen that often but I have exploded many things in the microwave.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I always wanted to change my name for some reason because I hate how people think I am a boy at first glance to my name. Strange fact, when I was little I wanted my name to be Stacy so bad. No idea why. Now – I would rather Alex any day.
- What’s your favorite store to shop at? Food store – Stop n Shop, brought up there so still kind of love it, Clothes – TJMaxx. I am so classy
- What would you do if you won the lottery and had unlimited money? I probably wouldn’t change too much except take advantage of travelling more often to see family. I am not about living in a big expensive house or buying expensive clothes… not my thing. I would rather save it for later in life (I am such a yawn fest over here)
- What’s your favorite kitchen utensil/gadget? Popcorn popper. Oh hell yes.
- What was the last vacation you took? Christmas break at home in MA, my kind of vacation – going home!
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year? hmm I am going to go with one of my favorite books The Perks of Being of a Wallflower
- What is your favorite beauty product? Share your secrets! Did I forget to mention I am barely a girl? The only beauty product I use is Estee lauder Bronzer. That is all.
- What is your dream job? Some sort of advertising job where I get to make the campaigns for products.
- If you could have one magical power, what would it be? SO EASY – teleportation (like blink my eyes and I am there)
- Quick – what are the three most important things in your life? List them off without thinking! Family, friends and my health
Nominations are so hard! Instead I would love to learn…
- What is one quirk about your daily routine?
- Something you carry around with you all the time you can’t live without.
Have a rocking Thursday!