I am ignoring the fact that this is the second day in a row I have had a title that has the word ‘pants’ in it. Kind of ironic because I honestly hate pants and rarely wear them. I am an oddball over here.
My sticky notes have completed clouded my computer screen and desk, therefore a list of a post is in order. I got home from work Thursday at 11 pm. All I ate all day was some leftover melon from the event and carrots. I couldn’t even get myself to scarf down more when I got home, my bed was calling. Now I know what it is like to do an event for my organization.
- My body is craving a rest day. Like needing it more than life itself. Today is a rest day mainly because I barely got food in me in the epic day of a work day yesterday and my legs are sore as butt. I was going to save a rest day for Monday when the rain is coming but then I realized I don’t mind crushing some miles in the rain. But my legs need it TODAY so I am listening.
- Back to that storm, well I am praying we don’t get hit by this weather prediction. It just doesn’t bode well for me when all I have to do is on foot. Looks like I could have lots of rainy runs in my future next week. I think the marathons on Sunday will be fine, we are not supposed to get any till that night into Monday. Phew!
- The office was packed on Thursday beginning as early as 830 am with young entrepreneurs in Dc. Before our event, local DC entrepreneurs were pitching to real life investors in our office. I couldn’t believe how young some of them were. Or how good looking a handful were.
- Bad news bears, I just ran out of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia drops. Nooooo! I have never actually had to order my own because I won so many through giveaways. I am too cheap to order my own so I will have to make due with black coffee. My mornings just got stronger.
- I won’t be posting tomorrow or this weekend. Sorry folks but with my crazy ass schedule on Friday (8 am dentist, 9 -5 work, 6-8 work) I am screwed on time. And with Thursday down the tubes as well, no time to pre-write those gems. You will all just have to miss me till Monday. (Edit: My boss gave me a work from home day on Friday meaning after my dentist appointment, I will be working from a coffee shop and running some errands before work at the running store. A long to do list but it will be conquered SCORE!)
- I need to do laundry. Like more than you know it. But sadly I can’t find a two hour chunk where I am in my apartment. That is so sad to think about. It would be one thing if I had my own machines so I could put a load in, go to work and then just finish at night but alas I don’t. Dirty clothes rock.
- I now set an alarm seven days a week. Mystery solved on my crankiness factor.
- Lately I can’t get enough of those crazy cravings. Like I could so go for a candy bulk store, or some cold watermelon, or some diet coke, or some straight up whipped cream, or some New England seafood, or a care package… you see? I could go on. Don’t tempt me.
- I think you guys liked that survey. I hope I see lots of people doing it, it was super fun to fill out for myself.
- I am not excited for the crowns I am getting put in this morning. My wallet is even less excited. I spend money on the dentist rather than, oh say FOOD AND FUN.
- Thank you Chelsea for posting this for all runners. Seriously, a knee slapper.
- I realize while I may hate Starbucks coffee I am very thankful for Starbucks in general. Where else would I go to the bathroom on my runs? I mean they are super friendly (never protesting that I only use their bathroom in the wee hours of the morning) and because they are everywhere I always have a place to go.
- I adored getting a text midday from Molly. A smile makes a bad mood 1000x better.
- Another way to brighten a day (did I mention the weather was even bleaker on Thursday than my mood)… receiving an email from a friend from college. We used to do these hilarious email chains that would just be rants and raves of the day. Just getting a numbered list email from her (I mean could we be more of two peas in a pod?) with a bunch of uppercase screams and sarcastic remarks – made me just remember to breathe.
- I am hoping… praying.. BEGGING for a slower paced Friday and weekend at both jobs. I’m pooped.
- I have not been feeling myself this week. Not sure if I am just overwhelmed or what but I have been doing a lot of Alex-bashing. It is a bad habit I have and something I need to work on. I keep saying I want to eat better, take care of myself more, go to a yoga class, be more social – yet I fail time and time again.
Ya, not much of a bright ray of sunshine today but heck I got this crazy adrenaline energy that is powering me through this new schedule. I will admit, my blog and all your comments make me feel so much better. It is one of my releases of the day along with my runs. Got to work with what you have my friends.
Questions: What is your ramble today? What are you looking forward to this weekend?