Boy was I ready for the weekend. Thank goodness it is here. I will get right to the point because this root canal and crazy Friday was less than fun.
- Root canal took three hours. THREE HOURS. He could tell I was in a lot of pain. The tooth he said was in bad shape and something that should have come out a lot early. I walked out almost in tears, immediately called my mom needing to just cry and then booked it to work. Not ideal to say the least.
- But…. I GOT THE PART TIME JOB AT THE RUNNING STORE. I am pumped to say the least. The guy was so excited to have me even part time. Plus, the pay is, dare I say, amazing (not what I was expecting at all!). I get one rate for two months while I work and train and then it is bumped up after that two month period. I will be working there probably both weekend days and then Monday and Friday night. While I may have no life after this, I will have money which makes me feel so much better. I was beaming as I walked out. The best part, I get to learn A SHIT TON of stuff about running shoes and gear. I am going to be one knowledgable lady. I am so ready to soak it all in.
- My friend finally had the photographer from her wedding post pictures. Holy moses I started crying. They are beautiful. I loved them all. I seriously had no words. NO WORDS.
- MIND BLOWN. So if you have wordpress, you can see where other bloggers replied to the comments you left them if you go to your main page. HOLY SHIZ thank you for opening up my eyes.
- Along with exploring this weekend, I will be trying to figure out how the heck to make instagram public. I am a technology failure if you haven’t learned.
This company just keeps winning in my books. Even if you don’t have the need to eat allergy free, their products deliver. These bars are softer and more flavorful than the normal chewy bars I was used to. They were in portion controlled 1 oz bars that are packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
I was sent four flavors to try: Caramel Apple, Sunbutter Crunch, Cocoa Loco and Very Berry. All of them had this softness I can’t even begin to describe. It was moist, chewy and flavorful just in one nibble. The Caramel Apple and Very Berry had a bit more of a texture to them but still just a slight one. If anything, each flavor tasted like it should. The Sunbutter was exactly that, basically like eating a spoonful of sunbutter. If you are a nut butter addict, get your hands on these. For the girl who doesn’t like chocolate, I was strangely drawn to the Cocoa Loco and have to say it was my favorite. It was like eating pure chocolate but not the overwhelming sweetness that I tend to hate about chocolate.For portable, tasty snacks – these are a total win. Check out their website!
Oh boy do I love these drinks. These are zero calorie sodas yet without the disgusting fake sugar after tastes and terrible stomach side affects. This girl knows. At Zevia, they feel it is their responsiblity to make a product that is natural and a good alternative to the normal artificial sweetener debates.
So what do they use? Stevia is a small shrub that is part of the ‘sunflower family’. Rebaudioside A, or Reb-A (Stevia extract) is one of the sweetest and best tasting components that can be found in the Stevia leaf. It can boost a sweetness to between 250 and 350 times that of an equal weight of sugar – but without the added calories and glucose blood level spikes. Extensive studies on this Reb-A have found that it does not affect the blood sugar or insulin levels and is safe for diabetics. Also, my favorite, it has been found to be safe on the GI track.
I had drank Zevia before, but I was sent a sample six pack including flavors I had never tried: Cola, Dr. Zevia, Grapefruit Citrus, Orange, Black Cherry, and Mountain Zevia. If you look on their website though they have some killer flavors I wish I could find near me like Cream Soda, Lime Cola, Lemon Lime Twist and Cherry Cola. These sodas were bomb, each flavor better than the next. Grapefruit Citrus had to be my favorite and one I had not tried before. It was crisp, refreshing, everything you want out of a diet soda. Yet, no stomach issues I had been so used to from Diet sodas before.
If these weren’t so dang expensive I would stock pile them. For real. I am always on the look out for coupons and there have been a few so keep your eyes out people! Check out their website to see all the flavors!
Have a great weekend!
Questions: What is one fun thing you hope to do this weekend?