Work has been brutal this week and for some reason my head is not in the game. I feel like I am struggling to keep up and then add on the late night mentor sessions – I am feeling a bit like a fish out of water. Luckily, my morning runs have been soothing to the soul.
Lack of time means my brain is scattered and lack of ‘me’ time. Never a good mix. The weekend will be a big relief despite the root canal pain I may have to deal with. So I am going back to the basics, thanks to Khushboo’s inspiration. Kind of crazy that I still have more to share with you all?
- I use the same fork, spoon and plate each night despite having others of the exact same kind. I just tend to grab what is on top, which is the one I just washed aka the one I used the night before.
- I am a creature of habit. I tend to develop these little routines for the most mundane tasks – like the order of things I do right when I walk in the door from work.
- I save the coffee that I don’t take with me to work in a nalgene in my fridge for iced coffees later.
- I call my mom daily and have done that since college.
- I take showers that are five minutes or less. For some reason showers are always quick in my book even if I could take more time. I shower because I have to, not because I like to. I swear people, I am not that gross of a person.
- I have not worn jeans in four years. I don’t own a pair to this day.
- I have a bad habit of beating myself up – not literally of course. I get frustrated that I don’t strength train, that I compare myself to others, that I feel guilty for things I shouldn’t. The ‘you are your own worst enemy’ is kind of true.
- I always put salsa on my salads. Along with dressing but salsa too. I love me some spice!
- If I was a boy, my dad wanted to name me his middle name – Assad. I would have been tortured on the playground for sure.
- I lived in the same house my whole life and my parents still live there today.
- I don’t wear makeup. I swear I’m a girl.
- My feet are embarassing thanks to the years on pointe shoes for ballet and now running. I rarely show them off.
- I have only had one boyfriend and that was for a few months in college.
- I have BIG feet for only being 5’5. I wear a size 10 running shoe.
- I am very particular about textures – probably why I hate nuts, nut butters, avocado, bananas yet love cottage cheese, jello and tapioca. Strange girl right here.
- Many foods I ate during my ED years I can’t even look at today. I still have very strong memories around certain foods – it is hard to explain but even seeing them sends my mind to a memory.
- I tend to like books that are more odd than sentimental. Same with movies, the creepier the better. Some of my favorites include Chasing Redbird and the Perks of being a Wallflower. I am loving Thirteen Reasons Why – flying through this one!
- I still have a lot of nerve touch problems that I always believed egg-ed on my ED.
- I am stubborn as ever. Almost competing with my sarcasm.
Hopefully no one has run away. Tackle your Thursday people!
Questions: Tell me one thing about you that people may not know. These always brighten my day!