Can I just have a moment? I am all over the place here. Rambles are all I got.
- Let’s be real. I won’t be blogging this weekend. I got mom time planned. Friday after a dreaded dentist appointment we will be heading to Arlington and Alexandria to explore. I am hoping to somehow stumble upon a Wegman’s – yes life goal. Saturday we are hitting up Eastern Market and then doing some tourist-y type stuff. She leaves Sunday morning, sad welcome back to reality. I am taking advantage of every single moment we have together.
- This year our second company training with the California and Boston branch is not taken place in California due to budget cuts. Dang. That means the DC and Boston branch will be meeting up in good old New Hampshire on Dec. 18 and 19. Well folks I lucked out because my boss is letting me work remotely on the 20th and 21st so that I get my flight back to Boston on the 18th and flight back to DC on the 1st of January COVERED by the company. Yes, I do not have to pay a dime to get home this holiday season. BOO YA.
- As I said, I quit that second job I got. No pay equals no need for that. I am hoping to apply to a local running store to work there on the weekends and maybe Monday and Friday nights. Crossing my fingers this work out. Either that or I will be applying to a frozen yogurt place near me that is hiring as well. I need money – like real bad.
- For some odd reason I received $6.50 extra buck to CVS. Um, hello that never happens to me. Like ever. I was in shock.
- This week was the first week of mentor sessions with the mentors. Can I say success? Sadly the kids attendance at them were pretty low but all the mentors showed up which blows my mind. I now realize I no longer dealing with college kids and trying to have them commit is another story. I loved watching the kids interact with the mentors, it was just one of those moments where I was like dang I love this job.
- Loved all your support on my last post. I hope to improve in many ways including my digestive issues. I know it will just take a lot of playing around and tweaking to see what works and what doesn’t. Can’t wait till I have some normalcy.
- I really like that running survey going around. I will probably do it one day. I don’t consider myself a runner, well I do but for some reason since started blogging I have lost that confidence in my running. I am not fast, I don’t do tons of races, I have never run a marathon, I am not part of some snazzy team, I don’t have a training plan… for some reason I just struggle to consider myself up there. In reality, I love running so runner or not I will always do it!
Ok enough rambling. I have some mom time to catch up on. See you all Monday! Let’s see if I can take some pictures, mostly likely I will just tweet away. Good luck all you marathons runners out there – rock that race!
Questions: what are you looking forward to this weekend? Any perks from this past week?