Before I jump in on a total other tangent, I just want to get this out. I am frustrated with my September. I felt like I let myself slide by with negative thoughts and feeling, making the month overall not what I would have wanted. Yes, nothing totally groundbreaking but in all not what I am proud of. I want to make October better. I have no patience for little goals, I know a lot of the work is in the day to day stuff. That being said, I think kicking it off with my mom coming to help me sort out all my thoughts will do wonders. It is up to me to be accountable though, to myself first and foremost. Because September I did not.
Whether it was the constant downpour and chilly temps, I feel like I am in a funk of negativity. It is hard when you are so waiting for the week to go by yet at the same time knowing there is still so much to do till then. A funk.
Instead, I tend to pull out my ‘tool box’ to see what can recharge this low mood and press the restart button. Humor is one of those. Now, this post is not meant to insult at all. I could honestly write a huge post about all the serious things that blogging has taught me. Many bloggers have done that – I probably will do something like that one day because I don’t see my life without blogging at this point. But for now I am feeding my need for sarcasm and laughs.
What I have learned about myself from blogging…
- I have an addictive behavior. I had never even heard of Kabocha squash, Downtown Abbey, NuNaturals (I could go on) – but these are all now regulars in my life. I went from never using NuNaturals to using it everyday in my coffee. Go figure. Blogging has brought out that addictive side of me. Who else would wake up early and go to bed later so that they could blog? This girl.
- Measuring devices and portions are basically a foreign language to me. Those dainty spoonfuls I see, those precisely measured portions that appear BLOW MY MIND. You mean to tell me a dump of this, a smidge of that, a handful of this isn’t accurate? That is my language.
- I lack all containers that are jar shaped. Who knew there OIAJ would be something I could not even attempt to try because I never buy jars (aka no nut butters)? I am one jar less girl.
- I eat un pretty food. I never take pictures of my food because I seriously would be laughed at. The art of putting together a meal on all one plate is even rarely something I do. I use multiple dishes or even (I admit) a napkin as a device.
- My photography skills are that of a gifted four year old. I do lack a real camera but even people who use instagram take some stunning pictures. Mine tend to be un recognizable, hence the lack of pictures on my blog.
- I would fail miserably if I owned a bakery. My baking attempts thus far have all ended in an inedible, burnt or gooey mess. Food Network does not have to worry about me rivaling any of the stars in their baking skills. I will stick with pre made, pre packaged desserts. Who said gummy bears? (Someone PLEAse make these for me!)
- Eating clean does not mean drinking water as I eat whipped cream by the spoonful in other words ‘eating clean’ is not for my lifestyle. I give credit to those eat clean fanatic who never touch a processed piece of food in their life. I couldn’t do it, I basically would need an iv of sugar to get me through the day.
- A plank is not lying in bed on my stomach. I wish because that would mean I plank once a day! Go me. If that doesn’t count then I am back to square one of ‘I really should strength train’. One day my friends, one day.
- Grandmas, me and bloggers all share the same hours. Who knew that my crazy morning-ness and early bedtime could be *gasp* not even considered that early for some of the hours fellow bloggers pull? It makes me feel a little less insane for loving those morning hours.
All jokes aside, I really think blogging has taught me who I am as a person. No matter how much comparing I do, I slow have come to terms with the fact that I don’t need to put effort into everyday to be able to live it authentically. That feels good to say.
Hump day! Finally! One more sleep till Mom arrives.
Questions: What has blogging taught you – of course with humor/sarcasm?