So many directions today. It was one of those ‘make a note of things that popped into my head on my phone’ type of post day. So there.
- I swear I bruised a rib this weekend. Is that possible? The left side of my ribs hurt, like a lot. When I move a certain way, when I run a certain way, sometimes when I laugh. Ouch. I think it was from the dancing. I am so lame its hilarious.
- I kept smelling this smell each morning when I got back from my runs. I finally realized it is from the apartment next to me – it is the guy’s cologne. Hilarious. Our bathrooms share the same walls and so do our closets so when he probably puts it on it just comes through. It smells good but oh so strong.
- I hate the blog world on Wednesdays. It makes me realize a. I follow too many blogs that aren’t really up my alley and b. I eat like crap. Neither make me feel so great. What is a girl to do but vent to a buddy and then click quickly through them? Problem solved. I honestly never thought I would find another friend like my one back home who had a similar background and who could understand/relate to me in so many ways. I am so grateful I did.
- I keep having mini panic freak outs about money. I refuse to call the dentist because I don’t want to have to pay for a crown or another root canal. (I know these both may be necessary). I want to cancel the colonoscopy because I know it will cost money, not to mention the drinks I need to buy and the liquid diet for two days. Even chalking over $10 last night nearly put me over the edge. I hate feeling like this and having this be my number one concern.
- I am starting to get a tad worried about my year and the mentor session late nights. I won’t be leaving the schools tills about 7:15 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. That means I probably won’t get home till about 8:45 or 9 pm. EEk. Mentally I need the nights so I fear later bedtime meaning harder mornings. Guess my body needs to start getting used to less sleep.
- I have finally visited all three schools that we have the ninth grade classes in. I am excited for them but I still feel super awkward in them. I stick out like a sore thumb. One of the schools is also an alternative school which means it is all the kids that got kicked out of the public DC schools. We are already having some problems in that class. Bring on authoritative Alex, I hope.
- At the recruitment event I went to on Tuesday, I had a couple people tell me if I was trained in elevator pitches. Whoops… my true marketing/advertising colors came out. Love it.
- Strangely, I want a metro buddy. Just like a running buddy, this person I could ride the metro with at least part of the way each morning. I am not good at randomly finding friends, I actually suck at it. Boo. Either that or I need to invest in headphones. My cheap self won’t even go out to buy a pair. Come on Alex.
- My biggest frustration is having a craving but knowing what for. Yuck, that has been me lately. I am making myself do my first recipe tomorrow which will be a modification of this pumpkin loaf. I will make it with coconut flour and probably half the recipe. I also don’t have cream cheese. Shoot, maybe I won’t be making this tomorrow. Weekend project?
Tonight I have a ‘happy hour’ at a big consulting firm where I am representing BUILD in order to recruit mentors. Um, can you saw awkward? Number one, I won’t be drinking and number two how the heck do I recruit mentors like this? Freaking out and so not looking forward to 5:30 rolling around.
Questions: What is your ramble today? How do you feel about happy hours with total strangers?