I could ramble today. Don’t know what is up but I have so many thoughts just swirling. Never a bad thing. I see the Dear post was well received, I kind of loved writing it. Expect more of that for sure. I actually had a few more I wanted to say…
- Dear blog trends… you happen so fast and take over in the blink of an eye. Between OIAJ, two ingredient pancakes, Crossfit, Eating Clean and the newest diet changes (with the explanation “but I don’t want to lose weight”), I can’t keep up. Instead, I will be giving the peanut butter jars I never have or eat to my dog back home who adores the last bit of the jars (what happens when my mom and dad finish one) and keep doing what I do best – Ramble.
- Dear college students… while I am happy you are going back to school I will be honest in saying I am so happy I am not. Yes, there a few things I would enjoy…like not paying bills, being with people a lot more, my RA staff… but in general thank goodness I am away from that. College was fun but its over. I am happy to not be in class, worrying about grades and being stuck in that social comparison bubble.
- Dear grocery stores… have you ever considered giving away free watermelons? You should. I highly recommend it.
Looks like the parental units will not be making a trip. Kind of stinks because a. I am desperate for help actually moving in my apartment, b. I miss them, c. I need to use a car for a weekend to get said stuff and d. I need something with a back to sit on. Complainer right here. My mom is sick though and they fear the labor day traffic, all understandable. Plus, I think if they saw the near bare state of my fridge and pantry and large amount of dirty laundry, they would be disgraced. Just means more of a countdown for Thanksgiving. (Let’s not even mention that is the next official vacation, longest stretch ahead…)
Now to September intentions. I have sat down with these now for a week. I wanted them to be true to me and realistic, also not influenced by what is being thrown around.
- EAT MORE PROTEIN. This is high on my list. With my stomach issues only getting worse, I have relied on meals with no variety. I stuck to basic simple and plain boring just to get by. I am hoping the GI appointment on Tuesday is eye opening because protein is high on my list. My diet has just been whack to be honest, nothing feels good on my stomach and its been over three weeks of constant having ‘to go’. Unhappy face for sure.
- INCORPORATE A STRENGTH ROUTINE 3X a WEEK. I am not the person who can say that this will be easy but I plan to cut out each Sunday little 20 minute circuits that I can do in my apartment after my runs before work. Nothing too big but really relying on first just getting used to building upper body strength. I think this will really help my running.
- TRY A NEW RECIPE ONCE A WEEK. Again, Sunday will be the day I pick said recipe to make. For me, it comes down to I need to do this. When I made those mushrooms it was the first time in over three months I actually had that incorporated meal. So sad! But I felt more satisfied but overall proud. I really am excited for this one.
- BREAK ROUTINE. So this is something I already started doing but the difference I feel is making me know I need to continue. You all know I don’t need an alarm to wake up. I used to put a lot of pressure on myself at waking up at the EXACT same time, getting out the door for my run at the EXACT same time. It got monotonous. Lately, I have told myself I can wake up anywhere between 540 am and 610 am. That 30 minute window has been great and I can honestly say I have woken up at all different times. My mornings have not been crazy but just different each day. I love that feeling!
- WORK ON SPEED. Distance is no problem for me, you all know that. My weeks have been between 60-65 miles and I feel great with that. However, I need to work on speed. I hope to do one speed run a week where I do speedier miles throughout a run.
- LET GO AT MY FRIEND’S WEDDING. Next weekend I am the bridesmaid at my friends wedding back at my college. I am excited, nervous yet thrilled for the weekend. I need to get away but I also hate I am stepping back on my campus grounds. I am telling myself I need to just really let go, enjoy the moments, take time with friends and get out of this social rut I have been in. It will be a struggle for me but I want to challenge myself to do just that.
- BUILD ALEX TIME. I know my morning runs are my time but I need to make more time for myself. I tend to get run down and let’s say homesick (oh I see a trend) when I lose that balance. I want to start crafting, reading or even more exploring. Self care is super important and I forget that when life gets crazy. The time when I need it most.
Notice something? Oh I do. The elephant in the room. The social aspect. I couldn’t write a social goal because I just kept telling myself there was no way I would achieve it. I keep telling myself I want to meet guys, I want to actually do something besides being alone most of the time but then at the end of the day I crash after work, wanting to do none of that. I am not the type of person to go to a bar – I would actually rather take a poop in a bush to be honest. I need to realize though there is no moving forward if I won’t even take a first step. Maybe my stomach issue dying down will give me motivation to work on this next month.
So. close. to. long. weekend. Is it 5 pm yet?
Questions: What is one of your intentions for this coming month? What is your form of self care?