I don’t know how people do it, like writing novels or books never knowing what people are thinking or how they are reacting on the other side. You all probably know too much about me, way too much. Yesterday I basically went over my bathroom habits. Reel it in Alex.
However, I did see that the lovely Molly @ Heart, Sole & Cereal nominated me for the Liebster Award. She is a blogger I just started reading and am loving following her very busy life packed with marathon training, school and teaching. Amazing to say the least.
The rules are simple: tell 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions posed by the person who nominated you, make up 11 questions of my own, and then nominate 11 people for the award. Yet again, I stink at sticking to the rules so instead of 11 random facts I will do 11 random mind musings of my day.
- I have always and probably will always run without music. Back when I was home in the summers I would listen to Maddy in the Morning but now I just go sans anything. However, that means I think of random random things. Sometimes I even sing to myself. Lately, my brain (for no good reason because I don’t ever listen to music) has been playing Wicked 24/7 in my head. Subconscious what are you telling me?
- Our work has this ‘self care checklist’ we had to make at the beginning of the year. Well, now we have a sanity jar of marbles that we add a marble to when we do something on our list. Let it be known, mine will most likely stay empty even spontaneously combust with all my stress I have lying around. Personally, I would rather the jars be filled with jelly beans. That my friends is sanity.
- Do you ever have these random cravings to just spend money? No idea why, but that is all I want to do. I am resisting but not happy about it. I keep reminding myself rent is due soon, that keeps me in check for sure.
- I have been hearing from new faces around my blog recently and I LOVE THAT. It still baffles me that people read this.
- I am struggling finding food that makes my stomach feel good. Everything puts me close to the bathroom and I am actually getting so sick of it. Nothing makes me feel good.
- I am strange in that I prefer unsweetened, tart Greek yogurt and no salt added cottage cheese. The flavored Greek Yogurts just don’t jive for me, even the vanilla, way too much. These are my have-tos of the dairy world if you cared.
- Today at work we sat down and went over all my projects for the year. Woof team, just woof.
- I have been craving seafood like no other. It is so expensive and just not good around here, aka, I want to be on the New England South Shore with a bucket of steamers and cocktail shrimp please. Who can make that happen?
- I have never followed any sort of training plan for races. I know, plain silly but I lack commitment when it comes to plans. I either learn to dread what is the next day or just get sick of it. Weird. But for once I actually kind of want a training plan that I would make myself stick to. I think it would good for my body. Now I have to figure out how to get one that is catered toward me and now a general one.
- For some reason, the only gosh darn thing on tv has been Bad Girls Club. Worse part, I watch it. My brain cells die at each second it flashes before me.
- I will say this time and time again, each morning I wish I had a running buddy for at least once or twice a week. I miss my weekend one I had at school with a friend my last semester. It made time fly by!
1. what is your favorite season and why? I honestly like every season BUT winter. Winter should not exist, I hate snow, I hate the cold and I hate shoveling. But let’s be real, Winter also means a break to go HOME, my birthday and some fun holidays. Can’t beat that.
2. who was your favorite teacher growing up and what did they do that you loved (looking for tips!)? I adored my teacher Mrs. Dyrek because she made me think. She didn’t just hand us an assignment, each piece had a meaning to it. Plus, some were really creative so they were fun to do. I love teachers who really create their own classroom, not just mimic ideas of others. Makes you want to come to class.
3. if you could only do one form of exercise for the rest of your life, what would it be? I don’t even think I have to answer or explain this one, running, duh.
4. do you run with music? watching tv? in silence? Sans music all the time. I am that crazy runner who needs nothing, just the pavement. For any distance.
5. if your place of business required their employees to wear a uniform, would you love it or hate it? I actually wouldn’t mind it. I was one of those kids that wanted a school uniform. I have never been that stylish and always struggled with clothes so having it already picked out and everyone having to wear the same thing would have made life a lot easier. Same today, I am not fashionista.
6. sweet breakfasts or savory? no breakfast is not an option I am not a huge breakfast person but I am content with eggs so savory.
7. smoothies vs. milkshakes – which do you like better? or do you not like either? if so, are you diagnosed insane? HA I mean smoothies for sure. I don’t do well with lots of dairy at a time so milkshakes may be a huge bathroom downfall for me. TMI? hope not.
8. what is your favorite thing about blogging in the healthy living blog community? I have to say two things, the space it gives me and the friends I have made. I know they are virtual in a way but still, I needed that bonding I had not found in a while.
9. did you play sports in high school? what sport was your best? I did soccer for two years, cross country for two years and winter track for four years. My favorite by far was cross country, it was where I found my passion for running.
10. how much water do you drink everyday? I don’t keep track but lots. at least 64 or more ounces each day.
11. what grammatical error irks you the most? (i’m a you’re/your too/to/two type of girl) or are you the type who doesn’t care about grammar? Your and you’re. I beat myself up when I do it by accident. Hate it.
My Questions: (this is getting long, oh boy, let’s squeeze these in)
- What is one thing you do for self care?
- What book could you read over and over?
- What is one trashy tv show you are embarrassed to say you watch?
- What is your sleep ritual?
- If you could only have one dessert for your birthday what would it be?
- What is something you really want to buy right now?
- What is something you always splurge on?
- Who do you look like in your family?
- What is your favorite hour of the day?
- What food could you not live without?
- What is the first thing you do each morning?
Heck, I nominate people who need a little bit of a brain dump or some motivation to write. Always good to get through the last parts of the day.
Questions: How is your Tuesday slump fought? What gets you through the last hours of work?