Mental games are all about changing what seems destructive to helpful, daunting to calming. A wave of homesickness has hit me this weekend BUT that meant for me a weekend of flipping that. How?
- I have talked to my mom everyday. Normally, I avoid this because it makes it worse but I have loved hearing her reassurances, I mean even her voice in general made me less anxious. I am counting down the days till she comes. I keep begging her to visit, let’s hope it is within the next month’s time.
- I rented a mindless movie. This may seem odd, but when I got my first root canal they had me watch The Ugly Truth. I am not a chick flick girl, I would never have rented this. Well, I didn’t really remember the movie and didn’t get through the whole thing so I rented it at the library. Mindless movie watching Saturday night is the best.
- I had some glorious runs. The antibiotics leaving my body makes my legs feel 1000x better. No lead legs. Boo-ya.
- I actually experimented in the kitchen. I decided to try some stuffed mushrooms and peppers. Number one let me say, I haven’t had mushrooms in ages but they are my favorite. However, they are super expensive. This week a whole box was $1 GET ME AT EM. So I filled the little tops with no salt added tomato sauce from the can (25 cents a can), little fat free cream cheese ($1.50 for a whole block) and some cut up turkey bacon. HOLY MOSES I found a winner. Roasted to perfection.
- I walked and explored. I visited probably about 10 stores in like a five mile radius of my apartment. Got to love just getting out and about.
Short and sweet. The less plugged weekends I am liking. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway that ends Monday night!
Questions: What were you up to this Saturday? What do you do to switch your mood?