That is me this week. Seriously just chugging through waiting for the weekend. No real plans even though some alone time would be nice. Me and my stellar social life you know. Got to stop this party if you can. You can tell I am uber tired, my sarcasm is out of control. Let’s just get on with it.
- Do I have some kick butt readers, bloggers, lurkers or what? Your comments meant the world to me. I think the best compliment I have heard was that you loved my big personality. Heck, that made me blush. My motivation during recovery was always one thing, get back the Alex personality, the one I used to be proud of. Kind of ironic that I wrote it for a Wednesday, a WIAW packed day. Let’s just say I had a lot of skipping over to do. Just thanks, thanks to all of you.
- Apparently you all are not gummy addicts like me – or at least don’t know how to properly eat gummy candy. Granted, I don’t eat it a lot (I am the queen of cavities) but when I do, I do it right. That means they go in the fridge and/or freezer. That means jelly beans, gummy bears, gum drops, swedish fish. I have specific guidelines for which ones go where. Gummy bears and jelly beans – get those puppies in the freezer. Swedish fish do best in the fridge. I could go on. My list is quite specific if I could say so myself.
- Because you know I am picky, the salsa that I eat daily (yep salsa everyday on my salad) must be chilled in the fridge. Room temp salsa kills me. Don’t feed me that when I come ambush your house looking for some play time.
- I have strange priorities. I have not been buying fruit, I know this fruit lover hasn’t been buying it. Why? Because it is so dang expensive and I can get so many more vegetables for the price of one stinking apple. It makes me sad to say the least. BUT at the same time, I hand over my credit card faster than a Kenyan when I need new running shoes. I have this sixth sense about knowing when I need new ones. Wednesday was that day. I love you Mizuno, never change.
- Stress + no sleep = diet coke craving. Why all of a sudden after kicking my habit do I want to get my hand on every diet coke in the world? I am restraining but boy is it hard. Thank goodness I hate spending money as much as I do, making it that much easier. But if a free one comes near me – heck that baby is mine.
- Today I was reminded of one little thing I miss about school and friends – the yelling of SHABOOOOOOOOO from miles away. People always called me by my last name, but not just saying it, making it some long drawn out Shaboooo chant. I loved it! For some reason I just like my last name way more than my first name. I feel like it fits me more.
- I would give a lung right now to be with my family. I just couldn’t be more homesick now. Not something I am trying to dwell on, just putting it out there. Mommy I miss you.
- I just took my last antibiotic pill. That means it will start to leave my system in what, maybe a week? Who knows but I will be looking forward to the day where I am not hugging the toilet each night. I mean it is quite a beautiful sight, can’t you just picture it?
- That being said, I still can’t chew on that tooth. Is that bad? Arg, follow up with the dentist tomorrow. If I have to get another root canal I will be selling a body part.
- This may sound weird and also selfish at the same time but I am going to say it, I think I want to challenge myself to grocery shop this weekend and NOT worry about money. I have a lot of recipes I want to try but I never have the basic staples to do it. I am in a major food rut and want to make small changes to my diet but my lack of a serious grocery shop is holding me back. I am such an amateur but for some reason I just wish I didn’t have to care. I wish I could just enjoy getting foods I want without being unwilling to give over some money. Frugal is good but stingy sucks.
You still there? Now tackle Thursday!
Ps. I would love to do an ask Alex segment so if you want to submit either anonymous or name questions, please email them to email@example.com. Pretty please?
Questions: What is your ramble for tonight? What is a trait that you think you take too far?