Sorry team, I have been a mess lately. Yes, my last post somehow said July when I meant August. Who knew the title ‘whacked out’ would apply so literally. My head has been in a million places lately. I can’t even describe the crazy amount of thoughts, rambles and antics that have been occupying my mind. Not exactly sure why, maybe I just have a lot going on, more than I thought I did. Busy busy busy. (oh and ps, hot boy lives down the hall. no idea who he is or if he lives alone but made my night!)
On to business. The most inspiring Sarah Beth over at HealthCraved nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am telling you, if I had one ounce of her creativity in the kitchen I would be in heaven. Send some of those juices my way please! In addition, my basically blogger twin Allison over at LivePassionatelyTonight nominated me. This girl knows how to jazzercise and has this amazing awareness she works on everyday. Just inspiring. (Rules include 11 random facts, Answer questions tagged in, Create 11 new questions, and 11 nominations) Thank goodness I could write for days at this point! This is a long one but I swear it is worth it.
You already know so much about me so here are 11 random tangents for a Thursday. Yes, I have been making this list since 5:45 am when I woke up. I told you, my mind is full! If I go over 11, sue me.
- Since I have been in DC, almost 2 months now, I have been waking up during the week on the dot at 5:36 am. Random, I know. I can’t figure it out. My alarm technically doesn’t go off until 5:50 am but I never once have had to use it. I just usually sit in bed, wonder why this time is so magical, go through twitter, then hop out and get ready for my run at 5:40. No alarm needed. My body is crazy I tell you.
- I haven’t watched the Food Network or Bravo in over two months. I mean who am I? These were my series staples and lately I just haven’t even been into tv. I need to start finding a way to unwind so I may be channeling the inner relaxation Alex I had discovered earlier this year. Side note though: Who saw last night’s So You Think You Can Dance? That opening gig was AMAZING. I wish I could dance like that, for real. I would look like a squiggling dying worm.
- I am so not loving the darker morning. I think it may be the gloomier morning starts because of the weather but still, it usually take a good 15 minutes into my run to get some natural sunlight to start peaking through. I sleep with my shades open always because I am a creature who lives for the natural daylight and moonlight at night.
- Is DC less friendly? Both my dad and I have noticed that people don’t say hi or even smile here when they walk by. That blows my mind. I am all about the hello, good morning as I jog by. Yet all I get are blank stares back. It makes me really sad. There are so many runners and walkers and commuters out yet NOT ONE ever slips a smile. Too bad I will still be that bubbly girl at 6 am jogging by with a huge smile on her face. Endorphins are my jam.
- I have a cart FULL of stuff on amazon.com and vitacost.com (thank you Jessie for this new obsession). Both these lists, or at least the Amazon one has been in the making for a couple of weeks. I have a problem where I want all the stuff, but I can’t justify the money. Even though the snacks would be amazing, I just can’t bring myself to actually buy it. So the full carts will remain.
- I am sorry DC for flashing nearly all your residents. I wear dresses most days to work. The metro has this strange wind that randomly blows through. EVERY TIME I tell myself, ok make your hands free so you can catch your dress. Man, I have failed more than enough times for me to seriously be on edge when I walk around. My anxiety spikes just thinking of all the unknown winds I have and still will encounter. Too many people have been flashed for my liking. So embarrassing.
- I am super homesick. With everything great happening around me, I still just feel this strong miss of all things home. I miss my mom, my dad, my sister, my dog, the home luxuries, the down time. I miss my dog at night that would sit on my legs as I watch tv on the couch. I miss a stocked fridge with lots of fruit and a grill outside. I miss walks with my mom and our chats. I miss my runs around there and the ocean breeze. While I am adjusting to Dc, this homesickness lately won’t shake and keeps growing deeper. Talking to my mom last night was so soothing. I sometimes just need her to remind me that I am ok and doing things right.
- I subscribe to 532 blogs. Crazy I know. Even crazier, I have an empty google reader by the end of the day. I wish I could find some to unsubscribe from but for some reason I always second guess that decision. What if they have a great post? What is even worse, I keep adding more blogs and discovering new ones that I want to add. It is starting to get to be too much. How do I trim down!
- My body reacts to anxiety in many ways. One is with the constant wake ups during the night. It has been happening a lot lately, I hate that. Second, my eye has been twitching for three days straight. Please stop, I look even more insane. And third, stomach goes nuts. This morning I had a random pit stop in a gas station to use their bathroom. I hate having to do that at 6 am but boy was my stomach unhappy. I am also beginning to worry that maybe I am eating something that has gluten in it that I may not know about. All in all, anxiety and my body doesn’t mix.
- I have been very appreciative of my office staff lately. Co-workers I like talking to. Also made my day one was eating prunes, I hate when people think I am crazy for liking prunes. They are delicious! Also, my manager’s present to a co worker for his birthday was a six pack of beer. Again, a huge part of loving my job currently is because of the people I work with. I couldn’t be more grateful for that!
- Metro etiquette is my pet peeve. There are things you do not do on the metro, like the unwritten rules. It makes me grimace when I see these happen. I am calm on most days but when you make me mad, I get that ‘get out of my way fool’ look. Don’t wipe your sweat from your neck and then hold onto the rail please. I need a rail or I will fall. But boy I can’t grab that one now. Large tourist families that think they own the metro and know everything about it as they slam their bodies in between the doors, talk at an unreal volume and stand in very inconvenient places. I will plow you down youngins. And do not even think about walking at snails pace. Trains come and they also leave, I would prefer to get on a train now then have to wait five minutes for the next one. GET OUTTA MY WAY.
- I am struggling to learn how much to buy for myself. This is the first time where I have had to grocery shop for me and just me. I feel like it shouldn’t be hard, but it is! I never buy enough and I hate being hungry and frustrated because of it. Boo.
You still with me? I know long winded. I am out of breath. Now Sarah Beth’s questions.
- How did you get into blogging? I read blogs for a while and I wanted a new hobby. I never thought I liked writing but once I started I couldn’t stop. It helps when you find a great community through it.
- What is your favorite way to exercise? Well duh, RUNNING. Distance lady here all the way.
- What is your least favorite way to exercise? Hm, I would have to say any sort of gym machine like elliptical. Gyms give me no motivation to work out. I feel like it is a chore when I am in there rather than enjoyable.
- Do you prefer sweet or salty food? Can I pick both? I need both in my life daily.
- Would you rather go to the beach or go skiing? Beach. I am terrified, yes terrified of skiing. The fear of breaking a bone and getting off the chair lift makes me avoid it like the plague.
- How do you relax after a long day? Blog, relax and watch tv. Basically every night.
- What is one of your biggest fears? Losing someone I love. Losing my Jidoo was a big factor in my eating disorder, it sent me off the wall. Loss is a hard one for me to accept in all forms.
- What’s your favorite Olympic sport to watch? Distance running for sure. But gymnastics comes close. They are freaking amazing. I could basically watch any sport. They put me to shame.
- Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever traveled to? I haven’t done much travelling. I think my bike trip from Paris to Rome has to be it.
- What’s your favorite recipe? I love any sort of roasted vegetable. Not really a recipe but I lack in the creativity department
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween, free candy anyone?
2nd Batch from Allison:
- What’s your all time favorite TV show? So tough, I have to say Criminal Minds or The Office. I have so many though!
- If money wasn’t an issue and your family and friends could come with you, where would you pick to live if you could be anywhere in the whole world? I would probably go back to my homestate MA. I just love the Boston area, especially the South Shore.
- What’s your job? I work for a non profit BUILD.
- What are you looking forward to in this month of August? I am looking to make new friends, lame but true.
- What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks? Iced coffee, I hate all the fancy stuff and I haven’t tried it either.
- Are you closer to your mom or your dad? My mom with personal issues but my dad is still one of my best friends.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Probably bike from Paris to Rome in four weeks carrying all my stuff with 10 random strangers. Best experience ever.
- This is kinda deep, but meditation or prayer? Prayer, even if it isn’t directed anywhere.
- Did you see Jordyn Wieber’s floor routine last night?! OH MY GOODNESS! Craziness and awesomeness. Uh ya. Every single gymnast thing gives me a heart attack but oh so amazing.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee IV please.
- What’s the best book you’ve read lately? I need some new recommendations – Well one of my all time favorite books is Gaining. READ IT
- What is a little smile for today?
- What is your favorite, go to snack product?
- What is a family tradition you plan on carrying on for your family?
- What is the most recent blog you have discovered?
- What is one food you could not live without?
- What is your favorite fitness class?
- What is one piece of clothing or accessory you wear everyday?
- What relaxes you at the end of the day?
- What body part do you love about yourself?
- What is a pet peeve of yours?
- Is there a word or phrase you use a lot?
Nominations are…. (I hate this part, it is so hard to choose- with all the blogs I follow you can see my dilemma ..Also if you were already nominated I didn’t include you!)
- Kate @ Work In Progress
- Katie @ Katie Moves
- Sloane @ Strength in Freedom
- Jessie @ Jessie loves to Run
- Chelsea @ Chelsea Runs
- Brittany @ Blissful Britt
- Laura @ Sprint2theTable
- Kaitlin @ For Love of Carrots
- Emily @ Living and Learning
- Brittany @ Miss Fit Britt
- Kelly @ My Love Affair with Running
- Alysha @ She’s On the Run
Whoa. Type o holic right here. Have a great Thursday!