A morning run coming off a real bed, total score. I felt like a million bucks despite the heat. Also ignoring the amount of sweat I produced.
Today, I put on my bargaining hat and go see if I can get a table at a reduced priced. It is the end of the month so I am going to finagle some magic today. A project pitcher should have been my career.
I realized this weekend has been all about getting to know me, so I am continuing the trend with this survey I saw on Ashley’s blog.
This or That?
- Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow? For some reason, I love the heat. I love the feeling of sweating and my body warms up faster. I also grew up in cold MA so I hated the winter season when running was brutal. Since I moved to VA for school and now to DC, I am once again appreciating the hotter weather.
- Have washboard abs or flat abs? Flat, I like a more natural look. Let’s be real though, either look quite nice. I actually hate answering this question because my stomach has always been one of those trigger places, even less helpful when I have had so many stomach issues. I still remember the funniest thing I was told in treatment was by the nutritionist who heard us talking about stomachs. All she said was “I see those girls with the flat stomachs and I want to ask WHERE IS YOUR UTERUS.” Oh Carol.
- Dr. Oz or The Doctors? I watch neither.
- Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? Eek this is a tough one. I don’t think you can compare them. They both motivate people in different ways and that right there is a great profession. I honestly hated the show the Biggest Loser so I lost respect for both when they did it. Don’t bash me but that show I thought taught the most unrealistic and unhealthy behaviors around.
- Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? Frozen yogurt all the way. I just don’t enjoy ice cream. Maybe its the texture or the thickness. Who knows.
- To train: Upper body or Lower body? Ha, yet again you ask. My arms are chicken wings. I wish I had muscle on my arms. Help!
- Protein powder or food with protein? Food with protein. Just recently I started taking protein powder for convenience but I would so rather eat my protein. As I said, I crave it.
- Lunges or squats? Squats. Lunges never do well for my knees, I don’t feel like it helps as much.
- Sweet or salty? Oh gosh that is tough. I have to say both equally. I can have something sweet then something salty without a blink of an eye.
- Workout attire: cute or comfy? Well, the fact that I run in a cotton t and shorts everyday should say something. I don’t own any fancy workout attire. Simpler the better.
- Body Pump or Heavy lifting? Body pump. That group atmosphere is the only way I get my strength training on. But, to be fair, I have never lifted heavy ever.
- Yoga or Pilates? Yoga! I did Pilates once and just wasn’t a big fan. Maybe I should try it again though because like yoga, it can be a hit or miss.
- Nike or Adidas? Nike. Adidas never does well with my feet. I would always go for Nike over them.
- Running on the treadmill or outdoors? The dread-mill you ask? It has to be hailing cats and dogs for me to not run outside. I am serious, I run in all weather to avoid the treadmill. People think I am crazy but I love it.
- Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? I rarely go to Trader Joe’s so I have to say Whole Foods. Also, Arctic Zero is there. SOLD.
- Summer or Winter Olympics? By far summer. I am not a huge fan of the winter sports while summer I would watch any of them over and over.
- Exercises classes or Exercise videos? Exercise class. I lack that self motivation to actually do a video by myself. Man, I need to motivation people.
- Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? Roasted. That isn’t even a question. Probably because I like my veggies on the crisper side.
I like that survey, definitely a new spin I haven’t seen in a while.
Enjoy your Sunday Funday!
Questions: Answer one for yourself! Is there one you were totally surprised about for me?