Furniture shopping, new store discovering, and metro riding… oh my! Today was such a success on so many levels.
I came across this on Andrea’s blog and found it interesting. I guess I never gave anyone an explanation about how I roll on the blog. Friends who know I have a blog always ask “what do you write about”, “how do you have things to write”. These are not really my rules, because rules suck, but this is what you can expect over here at The Run Within.
- I don’t have a fancy camera. I don’t have a camera period. That means pictures will be reused and recycled. If they are not from my iPhone they are from the internet.
- That being said, the picture quality is never good. My bad.
- I don’t and probably never will post all of what I eat in a day. Heck, it changes a lot and to be real I don’t have the time. I eat what works for me and I bet no one else needs to eat this way. Everyone’s body needs different fuel. Also, having celiacs throws a big wrench in the picture for comparison.
- On the flip side, I will post some foodie gems. Like cheap and rare snacks I found at World Market (Seriously had a heart attack when I walked in that store, I wanted everything. Drop everything and go there now. Look at the loot!)
- I don’t really have a schedule. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. I like to just go with the flow of blogging.
- Fad diets will not appear on this blog. I like sugar, I like junk food, I like fruits and vegetables too. I practice and believe in moderation. Sprinkles all day everyday.
- I will only review and post about products I eat and enjoy almost daily. If you have seen the products I do, I do them not for money or for any sort of compensation. I do them because I truly love that product and want you guys to learn about it. Like the GoodBelly challenge I started today. Day 1: Probiotic Shot – yummy!
- My posts will have sarcasm and probably terrible humor. If you met me in real life you would know that is me. I won’t change that. It may not come off as strong through my blog but I promise you I am a sarcastic sass ball.
- I don’t post a lot of pictures of myself or clothes. This is mostly my insecurity so something I may want to work on but for now, don’t go expecting some full mirror shots from me. I don’t even own a full length mirror, I never plan to either.
- I will be real. I will talk about my struggles, my insecurities and my fears. However, I will never be triggering. I think for the sake of readers, I don’t include details of past behaviors I had outside of recovery. Not needed. However, I do encourage people to email me if they want or need to talk email@example.com.
- My fitness plan will be more of snippet focus than a full review. I am not really in any sort of formal plan. I just do what feels good. I don’t plan out each days workout at all. I wake up, do what feels right and call it a day. Simple yet works for me.
- I will complain. I wish I didn’t do it as much as I do but it is hard not be a debbie downer sometimes. Sorry in advance for this one.
- I will never share details about my friends or family that can be traced back to an actual person. I am vague in those details because many of them don’t know I have a blog.
- I will use strange language. I will use weird phrases you may never have heard of. I do forget that they are not common language sometimes.
- I will and do respond to every comment. I love hearing from people. Comments mean the world to me. That means I read every single one because I want to, because I like to. Responding just feels natural in the conversation.
- I will answer any question honestly. If you email or comment a question, I will be upfront and tell you the truth. That is only fair.
This was fun for me because I realized a lot about my blogging. My blogging is for me. Yes, I love the people that read my blog and the people I have met through my blog but what keeps me coming back is that accountability and honesty with myself. That is something I have been struggling to find for a while. For once, I have tackled it and have even enjoyed that process.
Questions: Any questions you want me to answer? What is one thing you always do on your blog?