No idea how this all came together. It started with a scramble to the metro after it read an error message as I tried to hustle through because a train was driving up, followed by a middle aged man blaring Avril’s Complicated (probably not realizing we could all hear his music choice), and just continuing throughout my day. It is the randomness though that makes them great… right? I have to admit last night I feel off the no excuses plan and it was a tough night/morning because of it. Boo.
Top 3 latest food obsession:
- I never buy this brand but they were buy one get one free so why not. These are two brand new flavors and might I just say BOMB. Salsa is my weakness. These puppies won’t last long.
- Roasted zucchini. I mean they are in season right now and roasting them so they are nice and crispy has just been my go to. Plus, they were on sale this week for 78 cents a pound. Ya, mind blown.
- Cabbage slaw. So cabbage is one thing, but when it is pre shredded ($1 a bag) and roasted, then it is some mean cabbage. My roommate hates me though because it does have a pretty veggie smell. You can do so much with it, add tomato sauce, add salsa, add gluten free bbq sauce (oh yum)… you pick your flavor.
Top 3 latest annoyances:
- The apartment prices I have found online have basically been wrong. Great. To top it off, one that is still pricey but I would manage by cutting spending in other places doesn’t have a kitchen. Seriously? That being said, I am kind of desperate and may have to take it. We will see, I have one weekend to decide.
- My roommate’s fiancé comes today. He is living a block away in a place without a kitchen, no tv, only in a basement. That means I will be hiding out so not to bother them when they cook dinner together each night and hang here. I really need a place. On top of that, my enemy has been texting her wanting to get together. Life is peachy over here.
- I am anxious as ever. I couldn’t even ride the metro which was basically empty. I ended up walking like 2 miles in the heat just because I had so much frustration, anxiety, stress, worry, who knows. I am a mess.
Top 3 everyday random routines: don’t we all have these? those things we do everyday in a particular way that is kind of quirky? oh I have lots.
- I always start my coffee maker before I get in the shower, hop in the shower, get dressed and then have a nice pot of coffee as I blog. No unnecessary waiting needed.
- For my morning computer time, I always first a. connect to the internet, b. update the twitter feed, c. check normal email, d. check comments on my blog and post new post, e. comment on my everyday blogs, f. check blog email, and g. go through my read only blogs. Same order everyday.
- I always do my dishes right after I eat dinner. I just have to. I don’t even let them air dry I just dry them with a towel. I hate having things on the counter – very different from my roommate.
Top 3 on-going lists I have:
- Recipes to try. Man I need to get on those.
- No excuses list. (Which I have been falling off the wagon on….)
- Currently, dad’s list of things to get when he is here. Lovely daughter I am.
Top 3 clothes pieces I can’t live without:
- My black belt. I wear some form of belt with most of my dresses. I just love that look.
- My running shoes. Well duh.
- The black flat wedges I got for work. Basically my only work shoe so I really over-wear them.
Top 3 recent cravings:
- Watermelon. Blueberries. Those two are like neck and neck for what I want to stuff my face in.
- Seeing my mom. That would be one of the best surprises.
- Arctic Zero. Man, that stuff is good.
Top 3 to-do things:
- Sign up for a DC running race. I keep saying I will find one and then hold back. Ugh.
- Apartment. Story of my life.
- Strength train. What a doozy. Since being in DC all I have done is run and Bikram. I miss weights, strangely, I miss class fitness classes, I miss upper body strength.
Top 3 thoughts I would remove:
Don’t forget to check out my guest post on Melissa’s blog!
Questions: What are your top three food obsessions? What is a top three category for you?