I hope you all like that song as much as I do. I memorized it in high school. I was and still am obsessed with that song.
You try to match wits, you try to hold me
But I bust through.
Gonna make a break and take a fake,
I’d like a stinkin’ achin’ shake
I like vanilla, cuz it’s the finest of the flavours
Prepare for a beast. It is always nice to end off the week with just some thoughts. And boy today do I have a lot. I mean technically today is my first day of the weekend (thank you sweet work schedule that has flex Fridays until the end of July). Today after my run, I plan to hit up Bikram, go to the library and do some errands.
1. Finding an apartment is hard. Woof. I swear I have gone through every outlet and still barely a response that. DC is expensive, like super expensive, which makes it even harder to really find a place. I have posted on various sites, gone through various sites and even reached out to random groups. Desperate much? 2. Tonight my roommate and I are going to Jazz in the Garden. It is a free event they put on each Friday where jazz music is played and you can just sit and listen. Free Friday entertainment, yes please.
3. I took the plunge and finally applied to be a FitFluential Ambassador. I have been staring at that application for too long. Even if I don’t get it, I am proud I actually followed through on something I said I would do. I was pretty honest and open in my essay so let’s see what happens. I have a while to wait sadly. The waiting game is the worst.
4. I met a girl who was looking for a roommate in DC because she needs a place to live in DC. I met her through a mutual RUF (religious fellowship group). She was great, I mean we would be ideal to live together – she said she wants to live near a Whole Foods because she loves it, she is vegetarian, very much a routine person. I know we would hit it off but sadly she is looking at places that just have too high of rent for me. I am bummed. If only I had a place to say ‘hey we should live here’ that was more affordable but I do not.
5. This weekend one of my projects is planning a DC blogger meet up. Yep, I’m doing it. Right now I am still trying to connect to fellow bloggers so that I can get a wide pool of people to come. I don’t know a ton of DC bloggers but I am hoping between all of us we can get a good group to hang out. I will announce it when the plans are more finalized so keep your eyes open if you are a blogger near DC!
6. I made my first quality ice coffee using my new blender. Ah, delicious! Just added ice, coffee and some NuNaturals vanilla drops. So delicious and icy. For some reason the blender made it taste that much better.
7. I have been really good about saving money. I haven’t gone out to eat or bought coffee out. Those are things I am so proud of. I got an idea to when I go shopping every 1.5/2 weeks to buy what was on sale for produce, even if I have never had it before. I think it will mix up my options and make me experiment more.
8. On Saturday, I am going to a Theta alumni get together in DC. It is at a lady’s house in the afternoon. Truth, I am kind of nervous. I was not the biggest sorority girl but I am in the mood to make new friends. I hope to really connect with people and potentially find a running buddy or roommate! High hopes people.
9. I have been drinking water like a boss. I have stuck to no soda, go me!, and really been chugging water all day. I think with my stomach being a freaking mess, water is so necessarily. I know a good water flush always helps my body restore itself.
10. At work each morning before I start, I have been making a to do list of things to accomplish when I get home. It really gets me going for the day and feel less scattered when I return after a long day at work. I am a huge fan of checking things off so it has kept me quite productive. Last night I successfully booked my flight home to Boston in August for the Falmouth Road Race. I am taking two days off of work so I can leave Thursday night and come back Monday night. I want it to be August already! Home and Cape Cod seems so appealing right now.
11. I kept getting these reminders about “bell ringing” on Thursdays right before we leave for the weekend. I had no idea what it was but didn’t ask. I went into the conference room and there sat free beer and watermelon. Uh, I get used to this. No beer for me but a slice of watermelon was the great way to end a long day at work. Get in ma belly.
12. Being informed by lovely Maren that liquid aminos are gluten free and can replace soy sauce. Is this true? You don’t understand how much I miss soy sauce, the one thing I really hate living without. Where can I get these liquid aminos? I am so intrigued.
13. I have been loving blogs this week. For various reasons…some just for taking some big steps in their own life, others for reflecting on life and just awesome posts overall. If you haven’t already, check out
- Cinnamon’s post that reflects on blogging. No apologies needed.
- Kat’s big step in kicking the food logs to the curb.
- Cait’s reflection on summer guilt and how to combat it.
- Chelsea describing what running has done for her (something I can so relate to!)
- Fun Fit and Third taking some big risks in her summer bucket list.
- Paige finding what is important to her, something we all forget about in the daily chaos.
- Alex’s story about her disorder she never told, raw and genuine.
- Kate reaching out and developing her plan to improve her health.
Another one bites the dust.
Questions: Any good creations you have made lately? What is one thing you are proud of this week?