I had one of those Mondays. Those Mondays where you miss the 2 hour delay so get to work at 8 am… alone. Oh that kind of Monday. Despite it all – I was in a great mood. Who knows what today has in store, my boss kept warning us they may cancel work because of the 2-4 inches coming. I will be waking up extra early to get my run in before the snow comes like I did Monday. I have a feeling we will get a snow day, already got a ‘there could be snow day email’ from work. Score.
I do realize I am that crazy person that doesn’t really let weather get in the way of running outside. I am just so used to bad running weather. I still remember my high school coach having us run in knee high snow. This is nothing. Ha.
This got me thinking about the way I roll (and all the crazy babbling) I tend to do on this blog. Friends who know I have a blog always ask “what do you write about”, “how do you have things to write”. These are not really my rules, because rules suck, but this is what you can expect over here at The Run Within.
- I don’t have a fancy camera. I don’t have a camera period. That means pictures will be reused and recycled. If they are not from my iPhone they are from the internet.
- That being said, the picture quality is never good. My bad.
- I don’t and probably never will post all of what I eat in a day. Heck, it changes a lot and to be real I don’t have the time. I eat what works for me and I bet no one else needs to eat this way. Everyone’s body needs different fuel. Also, having celiacs throws a big wrench in the picture for comparison.
- My link ups are limited. I am pretty picky about which ones I link up to. Some just don’t jive with my style so it doesn’t make sense for me to do it.
- I like lists. I think the majority of my posts involve some kind of list. It helps keep my rambles in order.
- I don’t really have a schedule. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. I like to just go with the flow of blogging. Obviously this is more relevant than ever taken my off and on posts.
- My posts will have sarcasm and probably terrible humor. If you met me in real life you would know that is me. I won’t change that. It may not come off as strong through my blog but I promise you I am a sarcastic sass ball. Please never let me repeat that phrase again.
- I don’t post a lot of pictures of myself or clothes. This is mostly my insecurity so something I may want to work on but for now, don’t go expecting some full mirror shots from me. I don’t even own a full length mirror, I never plan to either. Selfies – while I don’t mind of other people (in moderation of course) – are so not my style.
- I will be real. I will talk about my struggles, my insecurities and my fears. However, I will never be triggering. I think for the sake of readers, I don’t include details of past behaviors I had outside of recovery. Not needed. However, I do encourage people to email me if they want or need to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My fitness plan will be more of snippet focus than a full review. I am not really in any sort of formal plan. I just do what feels good. I don’t plan out each days workout at all. I wake up, do what feels right and call it a day. Simple yet works for me. Plus, I will go on harping on what works for one body does not work for all. Coming off of my major injury in college, I had to redefine what worked for me.
- I will complain. I wish I didn’t do it as much as I do but it is hard not be a debbie downer sometimes. Sorry in advance for this one. I am pretty sure that is what I did the whole beginning of this post…
- I will never share details about my friends or family that can be traced back to an actual person. I am vague in those details because many of them don’t know I have a blog. I hope I am not too vague in the fact that ‘this blog is not reality’ type vagueness.
- I will use strange language. I will use weird phrases you may never have heard of. I do forget that they are not common language sometimes.
- I will and do respond to every comment. I love hearing from people. Comments mean the world to me. That means I read every single one because I want to, because I like to. Responding just feels natural in the conversation.
- I will answer any question honestly.
This was fun for me because I realized a lot about my blogging. My blogging is for me. Yes, I love the people that read my blog and the people I have met through my blog but what keeps me coming back is that accountability and honesty with myself.
Rolling the lucky 8 ball for a snow day today. Come on DC, grant me some luck!
Question: What is one blogging ‘rule’ from your blog? Or if you don’t have a blog, something you follow in real life.